Sr Java Developer
The candidate shall design, develop and maintain standard applications and web-based applications for Enterprise level systems. Candidate must have the ability to employ latest Java frameworks and components. The candidate will work works closely with the Product Owner/sponsor, Project Team Members, Project Managers, Automation Office Staff, subject matter experts, and the change control board (CCB) and other stakeholders to understand user requirements and develop artifacts such as requirements and system documentation. The candidate will integrate new and existing application features with back end system and subsystem capabilities. Candidate will recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives. Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers. Candidate will conduct applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing and deploying Java/J2EE Applications;
- Solid experience in Object-Oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with logging tool log4j
- Experience performing complex builds/deployments using Ant
- Good experience with relational databases: Oracle and SQL Server
- Experienced in the use of regular expressions to piece apart and extract data from large portions of text
- Experience with Software Configuration Management Tool Subversion
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with web technologies: JSP/JSF, HTML5, CSS/LESS.
- Experience in configuration and administration using Apache Tomcat Application Servers and JBoss 7
- Experience with Maven build/deployment tool
- Experience with Git
- Experienced designing and interacting with data services (SOAP, REST, ESB)
- Experienced developing Use Cases, Sequence diagrams, Class diagrams and Collaboration diagrams.
- Experienced in developing Java Web Applications
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top