Sr. Integration Engineer - Enterprise Support Services
Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) program focuses on providing Federal customer with advisory and technical services with the effort of helping them support the management of their various cyber programs. Supporting activities span a wide range of topics, including requirements formation, requirements feasibility analysis, technology subject matter expertise, cyber industrial technology awareness, information assurance, independent validation and verification (IV&V), penetration testing, prototypes, enterprise architecture, technical documentation authoring and analysis of 3 rd party technical documentation, and technology roadmaps.
Member of the Enterprise Support Team serving as a Senior Technical/Integration Engineer and Domain subject matter expert. Lead other Systems Engineers during the validation and proof of concept efforts to support the implementation of a new strategic integration architecture premised on model-base systems engineering architectures. Responsible for providing recommendations on the integration, middleware, monitoring, and application domains. Create project implementation designs against customer standards and verify implementation meets the organization architecture standards. Other responsibilities include planning and developing project scope and project management guidelines, and ensuring successful team completion of each deliverable. Must be familiar with established enterprise integration infrastructure, supporting MBSE, messaging and SLA monitoring tools.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and analyzing current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic customer objectives
- Identifying and proposing specific strategies, initiatives and remedies necessary to align technology infrastructure with customer objectives
- Support development of business drivers, business case and high level program implementation plans
- Translate customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements and then communicate the value proposition of the end to end solution.
- Manage the interaction with specific product specialists to identify and collect detailed technical requirements
- Participate in the strategic architectural planning to achieve goals by prioritizing initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future state architectures
- Collaborate with the appropriate BAE Systems and customer departments to develop an Architectural Vision and Innovation plan that supports the customers IT strategic goals
- Creating the integration re-engineering processes to support high availability/disaster recovery infrastructure models for all "Tier A" applications across multiple data centers.
- Assisting with creation of a logical build of material processes that provide for documenting all existing architecture, creating high availability designs for existing projects, and adding all the specific CI items to the CMDB.
- Developing key architectural components for a complex Government suite, including evolution to distributed network-based development and deployment.
- Leading other Engineers for Change Management process improvement
- Successful leadership for the integration and implementation of Enterprise projects.
- Providing the overall integration vision necessary to bring multiple products together in a complex implementation environment.
- Working closely with product-specific implementation personnel to make certain that all cross-product issues are identified and resolved during the implementation cycle.
- Acting as the integration coordinator for enterprise integration planning and execution
- Diagramming/Documenting infrastructure and application integration future state environment in a multi-domain secure environment.
- Assisting in the evaluation and planning for implementing new interfaces and upgrading existing interfaces.
- Through the project life-cycle, managing communications through weekly project updates and client training.
- Solving complex problems
- Willingness to take responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours to complete tasks
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to work tasks
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 7 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Skills and Abilities
- Secret security clearance or higher
- Knowledge of system engineering architecture principles, concepts, and best practices
- Experience in coordinating technology designs with architectural requirements and constraints
- Functional experience with Networking, Virtual computing, databases
- Proficient with Configuration Management, Requirements Management and Development Review Boards
- Must have experience working in a bimodal and distributed environment using SAFe to insure the successful and seamless client implementation experience.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or seven or more years of work experience in the Public Sector space
- Thorough understanding of solution governance frameworks such as DoDAF, TOGAF, Zachman or other Modeling frameworks.
- Major transformation efforts involving significant organization, process and technology change.
- Organizational and process re-design and implementation
- Solution team development, training and re-engineering to meet business objectives
- Experience integrating technologies such as: Oracle, SQLServer, NoSQL and Java
- Familiar with NoMagic, Cameo, Syndeia, IBM DOORS, JIRA are highly desirable.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top