Sr. Hybrid Vehicle Software Engineer
The Combat Vehicle Software group is interested in hiring a software engineer with experience developing software that controls hybrid-electric vehicle drive systems. As project needs arise, the candidate will work various aspects of the software development lifecycle throughout their career, on embedded systems that operate in lab and combat vehicle environments. This includes creating, planning, and performing a variety of software analysis, design, development, coding, documentation, integration, test, and product assurance tasks. The candidate will contribute to the development of software to enhance, implement and support project or system functionality for the assigned technical effort, while ensuring technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply basic engineering design and or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a technical project.
- Develop and write technical documentation, revise existing documentation, and provide input to technical papers or presentations.
- Perform basic technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and or by computer programs.
- Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications and product requirements.
- Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety policies and rules. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related field with 5 years experience required. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Relevant experience developing hybrid-electric vehicle drive system software
- Knowledge, experience, and training with high voltage vehicle systems
- High voltage safety training and experience
- Hardware testing experience, such as working with high voltage systems on Dynos
- Experience taking Matlab/Simulink code and incorporating into C++ software systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented software development practices using C++
- Exceptional interpersonal communication (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of Software Design, Development, and Testing Principles
- Experience developing or testing embedded software
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating System
- Experience with configuration management tools (i.e. Git, SVN , ClearCase, etc)
Preferred Skills and Education · Knowledge of electric machine/motor control
- Experience interfacing with battery management systems
- Experience with Linux/Unix Operating System via command line
- Experience with both real-time and not-real-time software
- Experience developing embedded firmware
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Bash, Perl, Python)
- Knowledge of common communication busses (Ethernet, RS-232, CAN) and their protocols
- Experience with CAN tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, etc.)
- Understanding of how system requirements flow to software requirements, how software requirements drive software development, how software requirements drive software testing, and systems requirements drive system testing
- Experience with message-based process communications
- Experience with multi-threaded programming, mutual exclusion (locking), and synchronization
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top