Sr. HR Business Partner
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to use your highly effective HR skills? BAE Systems Intelligence and Security Sector is looking for a creative and experienced HR professional to support a new start-up program that is performing mission critical work on the frontlines of national security. Your mission is to help us inspire and develop our team of experts to exceed even their own expectations.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) will serve as consultant/partner to both the senior leaders and management teams for a growing program now in its initial year of a multi-year contract. The HRBP will engage on all aspects of talent management with the goal of aligning best HR practices to business strategies. The HRBP will collaborate with Shared Services/Center of Excellence Departments to deliver solutions that address the business’ human capital requirements. He/She will also collaborate with the other HRBPs on HR projects and initiatives as required.
- Work closely with senior leaders/managers to provide expertise and hands on support in multiple areas including: workforce planning, on boarding, employee retention, employee relations, management coaching, performance management and change management.
- Work with clients to plan, organize, direct, implement and evaluate their human capital programs and requirements.
- Manage, recommend and implement remedies on mid-level to complex employee relations issues working closely with the Manager and legal as appropriate.
- Conduct thorough and objective investigations as needed, assess risk and determines appropriate course of action, working closely with the Manager and legal as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and HR compliance.
- Pro-actively identify and assess potential legal risks and act to ensure compliance. Partner with Legal and Ethics Departments as needed.
- Provide performance management guidance to line management for coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
- Act as point-of-contact for guidance on compensation actions, including individual promotions, equity adjustments and related actions. Identify business case for position or job group compensation changes, and incentive compensation changes.
- Act as resource to employees when needed providing guidance on and interpreting company policy as well as assuring that employee perspectives are heard and considered.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Track and analyze metrics on employee actions, terminations, and voluntary attrition to recommend actions as needed.
- Engage with Shared Services/COEs teams (Compensation, Benefits, Global Mobility, Talent Acquisition, Payroll and Compliance) to execute business strategies through tactical operations.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience in providing hands-on HR support for a dispersed employee population.
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to exercise tact and diplomacy and the ability to communicate persuasively. Federal government contracting industry experience is a must.
- Active security clearance.
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience providing HR support for a program start up
- Strong business acumen
- Prefer Active security clearance with Poly
- Professional Certification preferred
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top