Sr. HR Business Partner
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will act as a strategic partner with assigned customers through understanding desired business outcomes. Advise and support management in the implementation and delivery of HR programs. Provide proactive employee relations and partner with assigned managers to create a culture that supports business growth or business right sizing. Collaborate with the Center of Excellence and all elements of the HR delivery model to ensure the delivery of world class HR services and programs to address critical business needs and employ effective measures of success. Partner with assigned managers to identify top talent and provide support in the planning process at the business unit level. Support business activities that support a culture that is diverse and inclusive. Utilize HR metrics to monitor performance and identify actionable trends. Act as a change agent for key HR and business processes and provide project management for assigned key HR projects. Participate in employee relation investigations and take action where needed.
Other roles and responsibilities
- Manage the onboarding process in terms of new hire emails, communication with the new hires, communication with supervisors and managers, etc
- Coordinate service award events and various employee relation events
- Administrative duties are required with this position
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills in a complex fast pace environment
- An ability to work under pressure and with patience and willingness to undertake a wide variety of tasks.
- Attention to detail, methodical and able to create, follow processes and procedures
- Experienced at working with confidential material
- Union experience that includes maintaining seniority lists, grievance hearings, posting of union job vacancies
Preferred Skills and Education
- Service Contract Act
- Manufacturing environment with multiple building
- Familiar with OSHA requirements preferred.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top