Sr FPGA Designer
- Huntsville, AL
Looking for an exciting career that utilizes your boundless creativity, technical innovation, and leadership skills? "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" is our mission, and we're looking for engineers who share our passion in developing first-of-its-kind technologies and equipment to protect our warfighters on all fronts. From our newly constructed facility in Huntsville, AL, our Electronic Systems Hardware Engineering organization welcomes an energetic and motivated digital-logic designer to continue to drive world-class excellence into our products. With a flexible work environment including a 9/80 work schedule and competitive benefits, come join us today and see the opportunities in store for you!
From around the globe, our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our diversity, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our engineers are the staple of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. Our work culture provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Within our growing Hardware Engineering community, you'll have opportunity to work the technology focused programs within our Precision Strike and Sensing Solutions (PS3) and Countermeasure & Electronic Attack Solutions (CEMA) businesses. Here, we turn ideas into products ranging from guidance systems for smart munitions to electro-optic and laser technologies that protect our nation's airborne platforms. BAE Systems has a need for an Electrical Engineer with a focus on digital logic design for FPGA/CPLD and embedded development to support our diverse, impressive, and ever growing product portfolio.
The right candidate will have interest, skills and experience in digital logic design; with familiarity in high speed interfaces, implementation of communication protocols, and mapping complex algorithms into FPGAs for applications in the fields of digital signal processing and digital image processing.
The selected electrical engineer is expected to have applicable experience in the following areas:
- Digital design and troubleshooting in the area of embedded processors, microcontrollers, and VHDL based FPGAs/CPLDs that provide capability and functionality to a larger system.
- Candidate should be able to implement algorithms in FPGAs from Matlab or C code.
- Experience with state-of-the-art electrical engineering tools
- Ability to review and understand electrical schematics and interfacing component datasheets.
- Strong 'hands-on' lab experience with instrumentation, equipment, and processes.
- FPGA Architecture skillset or candidate's desire to develop in this area expected
"Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship"
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance is required.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a team environment with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the design, test, debug and fielding of FPGAs
- Knowledge of VHDL / Verilog and HDL Coder
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado or Quartus toolset
- Experience with Questasim Simulators• Experience with Matlab / Simulink
- Strong laboratory experience with instrumentation, equipment and processes.
- Motivated self-starter and problem solver with proven experience executing in diverse multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong computer skills in basic MS office and technical programs
- Solid fundamentals of digital/analog/mixed signal electronics, components, and interface/communication standards
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top