Sr FPGA Designer
BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Digital Design Engineer
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
Electronic Combat Solutions Hardware Engineering Group is looking for a Senior Digital Design Engineer to support FPGA designs through all phases of development.
The ideal candidate is expected to perform activities including assisting in requirements generation and design architecture, as well as ownership of RTL coding, synthesis, basic test bench development, lab testing, and product support.
There are multiple growth paths for the individual, technically or otherwise - Technical Lead on future programs, Cost Account Manager, or Functional Manager.
The position requires a U.S. person with the ability to obtain a minimum of Secret Clearance.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Current Security Clearance (Secret), or eligible to obtain one
- 4+ years of relevant experience with bachelor's degree (less with an advanced degree)
- Experience in FPGA or ASIC Design / Development, including
- Ability to distill higher level requirements into micro-architecture
- VHDL (preferred) or Verilog HDL coding
- Experience with digital design tools and simulators
- Experience with designer-level test bench (VHDL, Verilog, or SystemVerilog)
- Familiarity with revision control (git, cvs, clearcase, etc.)
- Familiarity with static timing analysis
- Working knowledge of internal logic analyzer (ILA/chipscope/signaltap)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter and a good team player
- Ability to mentor and willingness to be mentored
- Strong debug and problem solving skills
- Willingness for lab testing
- Experience with DSP fundamentals and FPGA implementation
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience dealing with legacy designs
- Experience in hardware design and hands-on lab debug
- Working understanding of Radar systems
- Experience with Xilinx ISE/Vivado or Altera Quartus
- Digital simulation experience using Modelsim/QuestaSim
- Experience with UVM/SystemVerilog
- Experience with generating scripts (Perl, Tcl, Python)
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with high speed ADC/DAC interface, SERDES, PCIe
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top