Sr Electrical or Mechanical Engineer with Project Management and Leadership Focus
Electronic Combat Solutions business area is seeking electrical and mechanical engineering candidates interested in leadership and project management roles on new development and/or established programs. Responsible for leading a small team of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, design drafting and/or technicians in the technical development, testing or sustainment of complex Electronic Warfare systems. Serves as a technical lead, project manager and customer interface for hardware content.
Must demonstrate strong technical aptitude and leadership skills. Must be able to lead small to mid-sized multidisciplinary hardware engineering teams through one or more phases of the hardware product lifecycle, including proposals, design, development, integration, test, transition to production and/or sustainment.
Must have excellent leadership skills, communication skills and be able to work cross-functionally within the hardware organization and with other engineering disciplines/functions.
Multiple positions are available and the job title / role can be adapted to best fit the applicant’s skill set and experience level.
Responsibilities may include:
- Detailed project planning and execution of all hardware content, including cost, schedule, staffing and technical oversight.
- Lead a team of 5 – 15 multidisciplinary hardware personnel; including electrical engineers, RF engineers, FPGA engineers, mechanical engineers, design drafting and technicians.
- Serve as the Project Manager / Control Account Manager (CAM) for all hardware content; manage weekly reporting of schedule and financial status, generate recovery plans for any schedule and cost variances and manage risk/opportunities and associated mitigation plans.
- Coordinate with cross-functional disciplines, such as Program Management, Systems Engineering, Software, Integrated Test Engineering and Operations.
- Participate in weekly Program Management Meetings.
- Provide daily work direction to other employees on a regular basis. Mentor peers and more junior engineers in areas of expertise.
- Provide inputs on personnel performance.
- Interface, coordinate and negotiate with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Support proposal efforts to capture new business.
- Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas. Exercise considerable judgment in determining objectives.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Eligible for DOD Security Clearance.
- Experience with the design, build, integration and/or test of complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience leading small teams.
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to lead others to closure.
- Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or customers.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills. Preferred Skills and Education · Active DOD Security Clearance
- Demonstrated success managing all hardware engineering aspects of requirements definition, design, integration, test and delivery of complex Electronic Warfare systems.
- Prior Project Manager / Control Account Manager (CAM) experience, including managing earned value metrics, such as CPI and SPI.
- Proficiency using MS Office and MS Project.
- Proficiency using IBM Rational DOORS. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top