Sr. Electrical Engineer, FPGA
BAE Systems is hiring for an Electrical Engineer with a focus on digital logic designers for FPGA/CPLD development.
The work we do at BAE Systems matters. We create innovative technologies and solutions that give our military and commercial customers an edge. We seek strong technical engineers with passion and integrity, the ability to solve complex problems, and an interest in making a significant impact. Are you up for the challenge? It's more than a job. It's inspired work.
The right candidate will have interest, skills and experience in digital logic design; with familiarity in high speed interfaces, implementation of communication protocols, and mapping complex algorithms into FPGAs for applications in the fields of digital signal processing and digital image processing.
The selected electrical engineer is expected to have applicable experience in the following areas:
- Digital design and troubleshooting in the area of embedded processors, microcontrollers, and VHDL based FPGAs/CPLDs that
- provide capability and functionality to a larger system.
- Candidate should be able to implement algorithms in FPGAs from Matlab or C code.
- Experience with state-of-the-art electrical engineering tools
- Ability to review and understand electrical schematics and interfacing component datasheets.
- Strong 'hands-on' lab experience with instrumentation, equipment, and processes.
- FPGA Architecture skillset or candidate's desire to develop in this area expected
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance is required.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a team environment with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the design, test, debug and fielding of FPGAs
- Knowledge of VHDL / Verilog and HDL Coder
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado or Quartus toolset
- Experience with Questasim Simulators• Experience with Matlab / Simulin
- Strong laboratory experience with instrumentation, equipment and processes.
- Motivated self-starter and problem solver with proven experience executing in diverse multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong computer skills in basic MS office and technical programs
- Solid fundamentals of digital/analog/mixed signal electronics, components, and interface/communication standards
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top