Sr. Digital Circuit Design Engineer
BAE Systems is hiring for a Sr. Digital Circuit Design Engineer.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you.
- Design of digital circuitry, digital circuit analysis, component selection, schematic entry, layout and routing recommendations, DVT test plan creation, and circuit card integration.
- Participate in specification, design, analysis and development of electronic circuits for microprocessor and/or Programmable Logic Devices.
- Perform technical trade studies to determine feasibility of potential Digital Control approaches, and recommend alternative solutions. Use this information to solve complex technical problems.
- Evaluate design alternatives to create optimum system designs to maximize function/cost ratio.
- Help prove design concepts through a combination of computer simulation and physical laboratory integration and testing.
- Help carry the design from concept to manufacture according to our Product Lifecycle management process. This involves working in a collaborative cross-functional team.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in related engineering discipline and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of low voltage power supply design, digital electronics components, and circuit design principles and experience using design/analysis tools, such as Timing Designer and Hyperlynx.
- Experience in design of embedded control systems using Microcontrollers, DSPs (Freescale w/Power PC based architecture) and FPGAs
- Experience in design of electronic architectures using microprocessors and their peripherals such as oscillators, SDRAM controllers, SRAM, Flash, EEPROM, power management systems, watchdogs, RTCs, etc.
- Experience in design of embedded electronics involving low-level communications such as SPI, PCI, I2C, serial, parallel, etc.
- Solid understanding of good product design principles and standards, including those for hardware, HDL firmware, and product safety/liability.
- Hands-on hardware build, test, and integration experience. Motivated self-starter with the ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability, along with follow-up and monitoring skills.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Experience in design of electronics involving communication protocols such as CAN, RS-485, RS-232, etc. and Aircraft communication protocols such as ARINC-429, AND, AFDX ARINC-664, TTP, IEEE 1394, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-825, and MIL-STD-1773.
- Design tools such as Mentor Graphics, PSpice
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top