Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Reston, VA
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are about trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to solve some of the world's most complex challenges. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. We are also offering significant sign-on bonuses for these highly competitive positions. Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom. We are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our Mission Intelligence organization provides IT solutions, analytics support, and digital integration to major customers within the US Intelligence Community. We are always looking to provide our customers with a better solution by way of technology insertion, out of the box thinking, and state of the art solutions. Currently, we are building our Cloud Solutions team and searching for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work as a core team member to develop, adapt, and maintain advanced, highly reliable software for cloud networks, platforms, and applications. You will innovate and identify opportunities to automate tasks as well as advance agile and secure solutions. You will also collaborate with BAE Systems and customer partners to maintain a multidisciplinary focus for this large-scale project.
In this role you will:
- Build, maintain, and administer systems necessary to maintain a healthy Continuous Improvement (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline
- Deploy and manage infrastructure
- Contribute ideas on how to continuously improve deployment systems and processes
- Focus on quality and automation
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years relative experience with a Bachelors or 8+ years with a Master's Degree
- Experience with Public Cloud products
- Experience working in a software application development environment
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as circleCI, Jenkins, Tavis, codepipeline
- Operational experience with networking and an understanding of networking principles
- Comfortable working independently to manage projects and tasks to completion
- Strong ethics in the context of business and information security
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere products vCenter, ESX, vSAN and NSX
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, and scaling online services
- Experience reviewing security scans and remediating vulnerabilities
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top