Sr Design Specialist
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and
importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the
- Designs components or portions of systems and modifies existing
designs to develop or improve production operations through tooling and fixtures.
- Partnering with business team members and engineering teams to develop mutually agreeable design specifications
- Adapts existing documentation to create enhanced, or improved,
tool and fixture designs.
- Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools to
create system designs.
- Researches equipment and products to be used in final design.
- Gathers information, makes studies, computes calculations, and
prepares original rough layouts.
- Creates, maintains and updates engineering records and files as appropriate.
- Interfaces with all involved parties to ensure final product
meets all specifications.
- May assist with the preparation of test procedures for various
- May serve as a mentor to junior level designers.
- Perform ECR's and ECO's as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related field
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Strong understanding of GD&T
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in CREO (Pro-E) with working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Familiar with standard manufacturing practices for the efficient fabrication of mechanical components and assemblies.
- Capable of incorporating available commercial components that efficiently interface and enhance mechanical fixtures.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top