At BAE Systems, the work you do truly matters. You develop leading-edge products and technologies and deliver world class services that help safeguard lives, defend freedom, and solve complex problems. Our unwavering commitment to making the world a better and safer place is a constant inspiration for our employees and our greatest source of pride. With BAE Systems, what you do is more than a job. Its inspired work. We offer a 9/80 work schedule, flexible work schedules, growth and development opportunities.
As a Senior Buyer you will:
- Procure materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly specialized and complex nature based on program-specific requirements and specifications.
- Develop purchase orders in accordance with specifications, requirements, work statements and terms and conditions.
- Lead procurement activities and assigned commodities required for the sourcing of complex programs for material, software, and services.
- Will help develop, support and execute sourcing strategies based on existing and forecasted spend, demand and supply challenges and marketplace conditions, ensuring alignment with the Business Area objectives.
- Prepare/review proposals, develops evaluation criteria, selects or recommends suppliers, creates electronic purchase orders (ePO) files for review, prepares awards and administers resulting purchase orders.
- Negotiate additions, deletions, or modifications to purchase orders and resolves invoicing issues.
- Follow and execute to established and approved procurement policies and procedures in order to provide the best value consistent with quality and service requirements while maintaining good supplier relations.
- Responsible for Procurement Compliance and Cost/Price Analysis.
This role emphasizes supplier engagement, management, development and production ramp-up in addition to negotiating and ensuring compliance to high value/complex purchase orders. A successful candidate must be able to be an effective communicator internally and externally, build mutually beneficial relationships, willing to advance their knowledge of procurement compliance, and proactively adopt best practices and support new initiatives, including Zero Defect initiatives with suppliers.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
•Experience in a large multifaceted electronic manufacturing environment
•Experience buying across various commodities (integrated circuits, connectors, passives, resistors, RF devices, amplifiers, attenuators, RF switches, , filters, oscillators, relays, electronic equipment, crystals, power supplies, pins and terminals)
•Technical Background (Ability to read drawings)
•Familiar with Special Processing/Value Add Requirements
•Strong Price Analysis skills in determining fair and reasonable pricing
•Commodity Strategy Development/Implementation
•Understanding of Counterfeit Parts Prevention Strategies
•Optimize supplier performance and minimizing risk in the supply chain
•Strong Negotiating Skills (Cost, Lead-time,Terms and Conditions, etc.)
•Excellent verbal and written communication
•Excellent time management/organizational skills
•Works well in high pressure situations
•Excellent interpersonal skills
•Ability to find win-win solutions; a 'make it happen' attitude
•Proficient use of MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
•Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or Associates Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations
- Knowledge of (FAR)Federal Acquisition Regulation & (DFAR) Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation policies and procedures
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top