In support of a Business Area with over $1 billion in annual revenue and material spend in the hundreds of million, procure materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly-specialized and complex nature based on program-specific requirements and specifications. Develops purchase orders in accordance with specifications, requirements, work statements and terms and conditions. Lead procurement activities and assigned commodities required for the sourcing of complex programs for material, software, and services. Will help develop, support and execute sourcing strategies based on existing and forecasted spend, demand and supply challenges and marketplace conditions, ensuring alignment with the Business Area objectives. Prepares/reviews proposals, develops evaluation criteria, selects or recommends suppliers, creates electronic purchase orders (ePO) files for review, prepares awards and administers resulting purchase orders. Negotiates additions, deletions, or modifications to purchase orders and resolves invoicing issues. Follow and execute to established and approved procurement policies and procedures in order to provide the best value consistent with quality and service requirements while maintaining good supplier relations. Responsible for Procurement Compliance and Cost/Price Analysis.
This role emphasizes supplier engagement, management, development and production ramp-up in addition to negotiating and ensuring compliance to high value/complex subcontracts. A successful candidate must be able to be an effective communicator internally and externally, build mutually beneficial relationships, willing to advance their knowledge of procurement compliance, and proactively adopt best practices and support new initiatives, including Zero Defect initiatives with suppliers.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design & manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and the understanding of the role of procurement in complex industries.
- Experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Experience in buying across various commodities (electronics, mechanical, PWB's, cables, optics...)
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual and performance issues with suppliers.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 4 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government-contracting environment.
- U.S. Citizenship
Preferred Skills and Education
• 4 plus years' experience in operations, supply chain, procurement.
• Desire for continuous improvement
• Generosity of thought and knowledge
• Familiarity with Oracle purchasing system
• Technical Background (Ability to read drawings)
• Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
• Secret clearance eligible.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top