Sr Business Intelligence Architect / Designer / Developer
This BAE Systems program supports our federal customer in providing program management and technical support; business process management and governance; systems engineering life cycle governance, IT support, planning, and coordination; customer relationship management; organizational change management, and office administration and communications to the CFO Resource Management Transformation team. BAE Systems has been supporting this program since 2004 and has won another 3 year contract.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence at BAE Systems. We are seeking a Business Intelligence Developer to support the above program. As a BI developer, you will have the opportunity to support the major federal agency through the development of a cutting edge software solution.
Your duties and responsibilities:
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will work with the Solution team and the customer to transform data into actionable intelligence through graphics and analytics. The BI Developer will develop reports and queries through business intelligence product tools like OBIEE or Tableau. Must work with the project manager and the customer to understand and interpret the users' needs collecting and documenting requirements. Test and validate solutions and work with the test team to resolve issues.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- A Bachelor's Degree with a hard science concentration (i.e. Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or related) and 15 years' experience is required for this role. Master's degree can substitute the requirement of 15 years' experience.
- Expertise in enterprise level information design and architecture, database design, development, testing, data management, backup, recoveries, performance tuning, replication and security.
- Expertise in conceptual, logical & physical modeling, data warehouse (DW) analysis, design, architecture, data mart (DM) creation, data mining and implementation of mission critical applications using industry standard technologies.
- Development experience with Business Intelligence tools required
- Experience with Oracle 11g / 12c Database Architecture/Data Modeling/XML, OBIEE, Weblogic, APEX, ETL, Informatica with Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems required; Experience with additional Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, SSRS, or SSAS a plus
- Experience with the fundamental SQL and data modeling required
- Solid understanding of Oracle 11g / 12c relational database required
- Understanding the principles and application of ETL processes, data modeling, reporting process metadata
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to provide creative solutions
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both business leaders and technical personnel
- This position requires Public Trust Clearance with the ability to receive the DHS Suitability clearance
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting our major federal government agency: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments. This position is located in Washington, DC with easy access to the L'Enfant Plaza Metro Station and with available close-by parking and the possibility of a flexible work schedule. The work environment and the culture is unified with diversity and inclusion.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Must have a Master's degree from an accredited college or university
•15 years of relevant experience related to the Job Description
Must have a Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college or university
•15+ years of relevant experience related to the Job Description
•Business Intelligence with Development Skills
•Must be able to demonstrate you are a self - starter
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred Skills and Education:
- expertise in financial system standards, guidance, and processes
- Knowledge of Federal Financial Systems and the ability to leverage federal resources, working through influence to accomplish deliverables
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top