SQL Server Cluster Administrator
Systems Engineer, Database Development – will design and implement consolidated SQL server clusters at government sites that are compliant with DISA STIGs and DoD security requirements.
- Lead the architecture design and data management for Client. Responsible for ensuring that the data assets of an organization are aligned with the organization in achieving its strategic goals. The architecture should cover databases, data integration and the means to get to the data.
- Program in MS SQL server T-SQL and other related language to support application development around opportunity assessment and population health management initiatives.
- Let an application development IT shop run through the requirement, design, development, QA SDLC cycles with a focus on relational database technologies.
- Hands-on in designing and development of software solutions and software requirements related core components, foundational frameworks and SOA based services.
- Help to resolve questions of program intent, software requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Collaborates with team and government leads in the development and/or execution of all types of software development considering the objectives of the organization.
- Participate in the full systems life cycle with solution design, development, implementation, and product support using scrum and other agile methodologies.
- Maintain source-code repository, and participate in deployment of code into production.
- Help explore and implement new technologies. Provides thought leadership in the areas of strategy and technology.
- Develop software using known best practices with test driven development.
- Participate in development process improvements of our continuous integrations services.
- Communicates the status and forecasting of these projects to the internal clients through a variety of methods including project status reports.
- Produces and implements visual enhancements to existing designs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Lead aspects of our services based solutions and internal applications to ensure consistency, quality, architectural integrity, scalability, and availability.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Understanding of DISA STIGs and DoD security policies
- Expert in T-SQL coding techniques (Stored Procedures and embedded SQL)
- Must have a strong understanding of the MS SQL Server database engine works, including but not limited to: Physical storage, indexing, physical database design best practices, and the Query Optimizer
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top