SQL DBA Sr
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We're ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The role of the Systems Database Engineer will be to maintain the SQL database for the Desktop Initiative Solution. The DBA will be responsible for day-to-day Operations & Sustainment of the SQL database. The DBA will also be responsible for assisting in the development of patches and executing the implementation of those patches into the Production environment and standard weekly maintenance of the SQL DB. The DBA will work hand-in-hand with System Administrators, DTF engineers and Engineering in all things respective of the SQL Database. This position will report to the Manager O&S Support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tier II – III O&S responsibility of the SQL Server 2014 database
- Provide leadership, expertise and strategic guidance on critical data systems that span multiple systems and groups
- Serve as the escalation point for all database issues related to the Desktop Initiative Solution
- Work with the DTF, Engineer and Transition teams on the development of patches that will be applied to the Production system
- Monitor and troubleshoot Microsoft SQL Server computers and associated jobs and processes.
- Monitor performance of SQL Server and database infrastructure (including storage) using various performance tools.
- Ensure problems and error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Establish and maintain configuration and recovery documentation for designated systems.
- Assist with SQL Server installation, database migrations, upgrades and updates, and hardware implementations.
- Deploy SQL Server stored procedure changes or scripts as needed to various environments.
- Manage SQL Server permissions
- Research and resolve SQL Server issues as required.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Flexibility is a must and after hours on-call may occur
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top