SQL Database Administrator, Senior
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We’re ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The role of the Systems Database Engineer will be to maintain the SQL database for the Desktop Initiative Solution. The DBA will be responsible for day-to-day Operations & Sustainment of the SQL database. The DBA will also be responsible for assisting in the development of patches and executing the implementation of those patches into the Production environment and standard weekly maintenance of the SQL DB. The DBA will work hand-in-hand with System Administrators, DTF engineers and Engineering in all things respective of the SQL Database. This position will report to the Manager O&S Support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tier II – III O&S responsibility of the SQL Server 2014 database
- Provide leadership, expertise and strategic guidance on critical data systems that span multiple systems and groups
- Serve as the escalation point for all database issues related to the Desktop Initiative Solution
- Work with the DTF, Engineer and Transition teams on the development of patches that will be applied to the Production system
- Monitor and troubleshoot Microsoft SQL Server computers and associated jobs and processes.
- Monitor performance of SQL Server and database infrastructure (including storage) using various performance tools.
- Ensure problems and error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Establish and maintain configuration and recovery documentation for designated systems.
- Assist with SQL Server installation, database migrations, upgrades and updates, and hardware implementations.
- Deploy SQL Server stored procedure changes or scripts as needed to various environments.
- Manage SQL Server permissions
- Research and resolve SQL Server issues as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Flexibility is a must and after hours on-call may occur
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- MCSA: SQL Server (2012/2014 preferred, but 2008 accepted)
- A combination of 5+ years of experience to include the following areas
o Day-to-Day sustainment of a MS SQL environment
o System administration of Windows based solution
o O&S experience in the following disciplines:
§ SQL Server (2014 experience preferred)
§ Microsoft Server (2012 R2 experience preferred)
- Technical documentation skills· Security+ certified (or other certification to meet DoDD 8570 compliance)
Preferred Skills and Education
- MCSE: Data Platform or MCSE Business Intelligence
- PowerShell Scripting
- VDI Environment
- Citrix Xen Desktop 7.x
- Basic Knowledge of Dell Networking Appliances
- Basic Knowledge of Cisco Security Appliances
- Microsoft DHCP/DNS Server
- Active Directory
- 8570 compliant (Within 90 days of hire)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top