Spv II- Warehouse
The Warehouse Supervisor has overall responsibility for the day-to- day activities of two warehouse facilities totaling over 130,000 sq. ft. The position oversees all operations related to material storage, facility maintenance, organization, receiving, order fulfillment, inventory control, and shipments to our customers. This position requires working with retailers, suppliers, delivery companies, and repair companies. The Warehouse Supervisor also has responsibility of receipt, inspection, storage, and issuance of Government Furnished Material (GFM). The Warehouse Supervisor will Interface frequently with government entities such as the Naval Property Administrator (NPA), Program Managers, Ship Building Specialists, and Government Material Coordinators. The Warehouse Supervisor ensures that workplace health and safety requirements are met and is responsible for the security of the building and stock. The Supervisor ensures productivity targets are met and maintains computerized administration and automated storage and retrieval systems. This person should have a working knowledge of government required documents as well as FAR and DFAR requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Manage day-to-day operations of warehouse, including: freight, returns, receiving, parcels and transfers
- Supervise, coach, and train staff
- Lead and develop warehouse team to deliver unparalleled customer service
- Maintain high levels of accuracy in daily operations
- Strategically planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer service
- Direction, optimizing, and coordinating full order cycle
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Meet operational commitments
- Responsible for order fulfillment of orders to our internal and external customers
- Maintenance of the facility and warehouse equipment including coordination and management of vendors completing repairs or providing site services
- Plan, develop, and implement procedures to improve operating quality and efficiency of the warehouse through organization and housekeeping
- Daily receiving, logging, and put away of all inbound shipments from FedEx, UPS, or other freight carriers
- Inventory control, including tracking, order fulfillment, and housekeeping, as well as allocation distribution between warehouses
- Following up with Accounting on all outstanding issues with orders and returns
- Loading and unloading of the inter-office transfers on the dock truck each Week
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Effectively communicate with Subcontractors, Ship Superintendents, Ship Surveyors, Port Engineers and Navy Property Administrator
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top