Spv II- Ops
BAE Systems is looking for a Weld Manufacturing Supervisor for the Louisville, KY site.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervising activities and managing costs to ensure production and quality of work performed meets specifications, costs, and schedules.
- Responsible for maintaining all machinery and equipment for specific operational performance and optimum utilization as well as ensuring inspections remain current.
- Responsible for enforcing worker compliance with following appropriate procedures in the areas of production, accuracy control, safety, cost, and quality assurance.
- Assists with the implementation and maintenance of lean manufacturing throughout area of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance to all environmental, health and safety policies and quality standards.
- Assists planners and managers with workflow and strategy.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and training craft employees to meet requirements of job.
- Reviews and maintains standard operating procedures.
- Responds positively and decisively in normal and emergency situations.
- Responsible for maintaining hands-on skills in order to flex between Supervisor and mechanic responsibilities as necessary to complete jobs on schedule.
- Notifies Manager of unexpected changes in work scope, impacts of schedule, budget overruns, health or safety concerns and accidents or near misses.
- Additional duties (that are consistent with position) may be assigned by the Manager.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top