Spv I- Craft
The Craft Supervisor oversees the daily work performed in the Craft Supervisor's Plate Shop. The Craft Supervisor is responsible for assigning and monitoring the completion of work, as well as providing technical assistance, and generally managing the workforce within the Shop. The Craft Supervisor is expected to identify and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to support the timely and effective completion of assigned tasks. This includes ensuring that company policies and practices are followed in all phases of project performance and personnel-related functions, including but not limited to the hiring and supervision of union employees, employee performance management, terminations, promotions and demotions. The Craft Supervisor also is responsible for ensuring that employees comply with Company policies and procedures, and the requirements of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The Craft Supervisor reports directly to the Craft Manager.
Some of the key Craft Supervisor duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the Shop is pursuing Company goals for Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Developing and/or reviewing project schedules and budgets during the planning phase.
- Allocating personnel and resources to efficiently support all contracts (including shift work).
- Overseeing and monitoring schedule performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigation of late activities, project supervision, and the development of practical solutions.
- Monitoring and evaluating project budget performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, development of productivity enhancements and investigation of over-budget items.
- Monitoring productivity across all shifts, including the amount and type of work assigned as well as the quality and quantity of work accomplished.
- Performing personnel related functions including, but not limited to, the supervision of employees, performance management, workforce reductions, promotions, demotions and discipline.
- Ensuring that employees understand and adhere to Company policies.
- Training and motivating employees in the areas of technical knowledge, safety, environmental and communication.
- Ensuring that requirements of the labor agreement are satisfied.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top