Spv I- Craft
BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair is hiring a Craft Supervisor in the Electrical Shop. The applicant will be responsible for overseeing Electrical Shop (regular and temporary employees), assigning work on multiple assignments during a workday and monitoring progress onboard vessels.
The selected candidate will be providing technical assistance and oversee the workforce in the Electrical Shop.
Ensure compliance/enforcement of company policies, procedures and the requirements of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Oversee and monitor schedule performance including review of ongoing and upcoming projects,investigate late activities, and provide input for solutions as needed. Monitor and evaluate project budget performance including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, and develop productivity enhancements . Monitor productivity across all assigned contracts;access the amount and type of work assigned as well as the quality and quantity of work accomplished. Perform personnel related functions including, but not limited to the supervision of journeymen,workforce reductions, promotions, demotions and discipline.
Some of the key Craft Supervisorduties and responsibilities include.
- Ensuring that the Shop is pursuingCompany goals for Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Developing and/or reviewing projectschedules and budgets during the planning phase.
- Allocating personnel and resourcesto efficiently support all contracts (including shift work).
- Overseeing and monitoring scheduleperformance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigationof late activities, project supervision, and the development of practicalsolutions.
- Monitoring and evaluating projectbudget performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects,development of productivity enhancements and investigation of over-budgetitems.
- Monitoring productivity across allshifts, including the amount and type of work assigned as well as the qualityand quantity of work accomplished.
- Performingpersonnel related functions including, but not limited to, the supervision ofemployees, performance management, workforce reductions, promotions, demotionsand discipline.
- Ensuring that employees understandand adhere to Company policies.
- Training and motivating employees inthe areas of technical knowledge, safety, environmental and communication.
- Ensuring that requirements of thelabor agreement are satisfied.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top