Spv I- Craft
BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair is hiring a Craft Supervisor I in the Outside Machine Shop. The applicant will be responsible for overseeing mechanical work items performed by regular and temporary employees, assigning work on multiple work items during a workday and monitoring progress onboard United States Navy and/or commercial vessels.
The selected candidate requirements include but are not limited to providing technical assistance and oversee the workforce of the Outside Machine Shop. Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to support the time and cost effective completion of assigned tasks. Ensure company practices are followed in all phases of project performance, personnel related functions including the hiring and supervision of union employees, force reductions,promotions and demotions. Ensure compliance/enforcement of company policies,procedures and the requirements of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Some of the key Craft Supervisorduties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the Shop is pursuing Company goals for Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Developing and/or reviewing projectschedules and budgets during the planning phase.
- Allocating personnel and resources to efficiently support all contracts (including shift work).
- Overseeing and monitoring schedule performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigation of late activities, project supervision, and the development of practical solutions.
- Monitoring and evaluating project / budget performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects,development of productivity enhancements and investigation of over-budget items.
- Monitoring productivity across all shifts, including the amount and type of work assigned as well as the quality and quantity of work accomplished.
- Performing personnel related functions including, but not limited to, the supervision of employees, performance management, workforce reductions, promotions, demotions and discipline.
- Ensuring that employees understandand adhere to Company policies.
- Training and motivating employees inthe areas of technical knowledge, safety, environmental and communication.
- Ensuring that requirements of the labor agreement are satisfied.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top