Splunk Design Engineer
The candidate will perform the duties of a Senior Network Security Analyst (SNSA) who meets the requirements listed below. The SNSA will have experience in analyzing and defining security requirements for local and wide area networks. The SNSA shall be proficient in designing, developing, and implementing solutions that align with the Government's security systems and requirements. The SNSA shall be proficient in the SPLUNK platform, Python scripting, Report builder generator tool, BlueCoat Proxy Logs, RSA, Windows Active Directory, Windows Servers, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers, and capacity planning in Windows/ Lynx environments.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
The Senior Network Security Analyst, under the guidance of the WAN IT Program Manager, will be responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the customer Splunk deployment, an should have experience with:
- Designing and implementing the Enterprise Security module
- Creating custom reports and dashboards in Splunk utilizing Python scripting and Report builder
- Managing the Splunk backend infrastructure to include:
- Maintaining Splunk queries and lookups
- Monitoring Splunk components and maintaining accessibility to include search heads, indexers, deployment manager, syslog servers and Splunk forwarders for uptime, coordinating with various components within DOJ to troubleshoot deployed forwarders
- Managing and securing RHEL and Windows servers for Splunk platform patches, access methods
- Reviewing/assessing/implementing new data sources, ie: syslog, scripted input, db input
- Working with IT Managers to validate data and train on new dashboard enhancements
- Maintaining existing Powershell / Python / C# scripts and create new scripts as needed
- Integrating various data sets into Splunk and creating new dashboards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, security and availability of the USAO WAN
- Providing a weekly Progress/Exceptions Report to include a list of tasks assigned, completed, and pending.
- Reviewing current design and implementation of Splunk and making recommendation as to how the implementation aligns with industry standards and making recommendations for improvements.
- Generating detailed documentation on all system design work performed and make updates to existing documentation to reflect changes in network or architecture.
Experience with CISCO NEXUS switch configuration
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top