Spectrum Senior Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to provide spectrum certification support to our customer related to their current and future supported programs. This position is located at our Annapolis Junction facility, and will require access and on site activities at the Fort Mead Army Base. Initially, travel will be required to our customer’s facilities in St. Inigoes, MD along with occasional team planning and coordination meetings also on site at the customer’s St. Inigoes, MD location.
The duties and responsibilities for the position are as follows:
1) Assist with entering NAVAIR IFF certification of spectrum support requests into the official database (Freq Net). Monitor records and prove status of records updates to the Army Knowledge Online (AKO) hosted Equipment Spectrum Certification (ESC) Process Manager. Provide verbal updates to NAVAIR stakeholders.
a. Freq Net is a database with limited access. It is provided to the Navy and Marine Corps Spectrum Center (NMSC), Navy and Marine Corps Spectrum Office (NMCSO), National Telecommunications and Information (NTIA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and etc.
b. This duty may extend beyond PMA 213 programs – other NAVAIR PMAs may be interested in this as a service.
2) Serve as the primary liaison for Navy IFF related programs of PMA 213 and other stakeholders and Navy Marine Spectrum Center. Serve as the liaison with NTIA, FAA and etc. with regards to Navy IFF program of record equipment.
3) Assist the team by helping to ensure prerequisite tasks and tracking of certifications of spectrum support requests such as AIMS Certification are completed prior to submission.
4) Assist the team by working with program systems engineers and stakeholders to draft DD 1494’s for PMA 213 IFF programs and take them through peer review process final submission of the records through AKO.
a. Equipment Location – Certification Information Database (EL-CID) is program designed for the creation and maintenance of certification applications along with their supporting equipment and location data.
5) Assist the team by working with system engineers and stakeholders to draft note to holders for PMA 213 IFF programs and take them through peer review and final submission.
6) Assist the team by working with stakeholders to enter NAVAIR IFF assignments into the official database (Spectrum XXI), monitoring records and pulling status of records.
a. Spectrum XXI is a spectrum management program that supports spectrum management, planning, submitting, editing and tracking of radio frequency proposals, assignments and authorizations.
7) Assist the team with keeping certification and assignment spreadsheets current and up to date.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/System Engineering and 5-6 years of related experience
Active security clearance and ability to maintain
Preferred Skills and Education Knowledge of Department of Defense and/or Department of Navy Spectrum certification processes
Technical writing experience
RF transmission systems including antenna systems About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company … BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top