Specification Writer II (Structural)
Specification Writer II (Structural) entails writing detailed and complex structural specifications. The candidate must possess the following skills:
- Proficiency of NAVSEA Standard Items, General Specification for Overhaul (GSO), Haystacks and NSTMs
- Knowledge of navy shipboard welding requirements (i.e. types of weld, weld material, fire watch requirements, etc.), Allowance Parts Lists (APLs) and nomenclature
- Knowledge of 5XXX requirements for aluminum welding
- Knowledgeable in the use of the NMDr computer system
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, WORD, EXCEL
- Proficient in interpreting drawings, blueprints, technical publications, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM) Appendix 4E
- Proficiency in communication and organizational skills
Minimum Education and Experience High School Diploma or equivalent and more a minimum of 10 years in the Navy or working in the ship repair industry. Required Skills and Education
Must have the following:
- Experience in preparing detailed structural work specifications in accordance with JFMM Appendix 4E, the GSO and NAVSEA Standard Items.
- Reviewing, researching and interpreting Technical Manuals, Technical Publications, Drawings, APLs and Test Memos in preparation of structural work specification development.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing technical feedback and problem reports (i.e. lessons learned, growth work) to update future technical requirements, reduce cost, eliminate delays and rework.
- Experience in conducting ship inspections and working with ships force personnel to generate WNs to accurately define the ship’s material condition and actual scope of work required, including cause for repairs to properly prepare the technical specification for the availability.
- Strong communication skills to interface with the SWRMC PM, SBS, Port Engineer, SWRMC Code 200, Ship’s Force, BAE Personnel (Estimating, Crafts, Contract, PMO) and Sub-contractors.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize workload to meet all Planning Milestones and Deadlines.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top