Specialized Skills Officer-Targeter 1
BAE Systems is seeking Specialized Skills Officers-Targeters to support a client's operational requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Washington Metropolitan Area. The positions requires an active clearance with Polygraph. There is no exception to the clearance requirement. Successful candidates will work well in team environments and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Candidates will be expected to effectively interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The positions require prior experience in supporting HUMINT operations or familiarity with the Intelligence Community and its objectives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: In addition to the clearance requirement, successful candidates will demonstrate proficiency in manipulating various classified and open source databases in support of the client's mandate to acquire Foreign Intelligence. The primary function of a Specialized Skills Officer is to collaborate with a team of intelligence professionals in support of HUMINT operations against priority targets. Candidates will be responsible for identifying targeting leads to enable a variety of intelligence operations through the exploitation of classified and open source databases. Successful SSO-T candidates will identify and evaluate possible counterintelligence concerns, drive HUMINT operations through written products and briefings, and empower core collectors by producing detailed targeting packages. Daily activities include:
- Review operational traffic for intelligence leads
- Draft comprehensive targeting packages in support of the client's objectives
- Engage operational components within the customer organization to address targeting requirements and develop new leads for operational exploitation
- Conduct detailed searches on items of operational interest and relay pertinent data to relevant customer components
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of SSO-related experience may be substituted for education.
- 1 or more years of SSO-related work experience. Education equivalency cannot count as part of this experience.
- Ability to analyze all-source intelligence to identify individuals, networks, or organizations of interest, and propose avenues of operational access to targets.
- Familiarity with cable writing styles and classified client databases, including specific targeting tools
- Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate regional and/or functional expertise or a working knowledge of geographic regions of interest to the United States, including the Middle East
Preferred Skills and Education
- Customer certification as a Specialized Skills Officer is desired.
- Prior overseas experience, including operating in high threat areas, is also desired.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top