Specialized Skills Officer-Targeter 1
BAE Systems is seeking Specialized Skills Officers-Targeters to support a client's operational requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Washington Metropolitan Area. The positions requires an active clearance with Polygraph. There is no exception to the clearance requirement. Successful candidates will work well in team environments and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Candidates will be expected to effectively interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The positions require prior experience in supporting HUMINT operations or familiarity with the Intelligence Community and its objectives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: In addition to the clearance requirement, successful candidates will demonstrate proficiency in manipulating various classified and open source databases in support of the client's mandate to acquire Foreign Intelligence. The primary function of a Specialized Skills Officer is to collaborate with a team of intelligence professionals in support of HUMINT operations against priority targets. Candidates will be responsible for identifying targeting leads to enable a variety of intelligence operations through the exploitation of classified and open source databases. Successful SSO-T candidates will identify and evaluate possible counterintelligence concerns, drive HUMINT operations through written products and briefings, and empower core collectors by producing detailed targeting packages. Daily activities include:
- Review operational traffic for intelligence leads
- Draft comprehensive targeting packages in support of the client's objectives
- Engage operational components within the customer organization to address targeting requirements and develop new leads for operational exploitation
- Conduct detailed searches on items of operational interest and relay pertinent data to relevant customer components
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of SSO-related experience may be substituted for education.
- 1 or more years of SSO-related work experience. Education equivalency cannot count as part of this experience.
- Ability to analyze all-source intelligence to identify individuals, networks, or organizations of interest, and propose avenues of operational access to targets.
- Familiarity with cable writing styles and classified client databases, including specific targeting tools
- Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate regional and/or functional expertise or a working knowledge of geographic regions of interest to the United States, including the Middle East
Preferred Skills and Education
- Customer certification as a Specialized Skills Officer is desired.
- Prior overseas experience, including operating in high threat areas, is also desired.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top