Spartan Deputy Program Manager
BAE Systems is seeking a Deputy Program Manager for the Spartan Program. The Deputy Program Manager will lead day-to-day activities on the Spartan Program at the direction of the Spartan Program Manager. The candidate will work closely with Spartan Engineering, Finance, Contracts, Subcontracts and Program controls to manage cost, schedule and performance of the prime contract.
The DPM is responsible for all aspects of assigned program execution with particular emphasis on delivering customer satisfaction, financial and schedule performance, and risk/opportunity management. The DPM has responsibility to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project and acts as the primary point of contact for the San Diego based Spartan team.
The DPM is also responsible for the budget and performance management of the PM Control Account and performs as a Control Account Manager (CAM) within the Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of ten years overall experience working in a defense related environment.
-Demonstrated program management experience within the Intelligence Community of full life cycle software development programs including operations and sustainment ($5M program value or greater)
-Experience managing a program with subcontractor business content
- Experience managing software development programs utilizing agile methodologies within a structured DOD acquisition environment
- Experience managing Cost-plus-fixed-fee (CPFF), Cost-plus award Fee (CPAF) or Firm Fixed-Price (FFP) contract types
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience with relationship building, including ability to effectively influence and communicate (verbally and in writing) at all levels within the engineering community. Ensures Program Manager is informed on status and progress of the program. Ensures the coordination of work tasks with key stakeholders and program leadership.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of BAE Systems engineering, financial, contracts and program controls regarding program performance status (cost / schedule / resources / risk).
- Proficient with developing program/project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and, allocation of available resources.
- Experience in directing and monitoring work results for meeting software development requirements, specifications and QA standards
- Proficient in the application of Earned Value Management System, Master Planning Techniques (IMP/IMS) and Subcontract Management
- Proficient with program scope management and cost estimating, including estimate to complete/estimate at completion (ETC/EAC) processes.
- Experience evaluating performance of program tasks in terms of quality, cost control, and achievement of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objectives using standard metrics
- Proficient with developing opportunities to increase the value of the project and to capture new scope via ECPs.
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to operate independently and proactively.
- Ability to be creative in solving complex problems.
-Ability to effectively interact with and present information to customers in a manner that is positive, confident and engaging.
Preferred Skills and Education
- 5 year(s) related program management experience, NGA or NRO experience within the last two years preferred. Will consider veteran government or military background directly with the customers to achieve required experience.
- PMP/PMI, ITIL, SAFe Certifications
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top