Space Products Systems Engineer
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to powering the Mars Rover. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
We are seeking a Senior Principal Systems Engineer with significant experience with RF and Digital Space Payload Systems. Responsibilities include defining and developing system level requirements, defining operational systems concepts, originating design concepts, developing and analyzing algorithms, or performing systems level integration and tests. An individual at this level should have demonstrated leadership ability to lead small work groups or program team.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Hold an active Top Secret (TS) security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related scientific field
- 8+ years related electronics experience
- Hold an active TS/SCI security clearance
- Master's degree or PhD in engineering or scientific field
- RF Payload Systems experience
- Space qualification of flight hardware
- Related experience with Digital Communications Signals, Detection, DF and Geo, computer networking, computer system architecture, Linux OS
- Related experience with general electrical and software debugging (approaches and tools)
- Security+ Accreditation
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top