Space Production Quality Assurance Inspector
The Space Quality Specialist has multiple responsibilities. This position requires someone with the capability to perform Quality Assurance Visual Mechanical Inspections (QAVMI). This is a critical inspection immediately prior to Customer Source inspection. The QAVMI inspector is responsible for inspecting the hardware (circuit cards and modules) and paperwork to ensure no defects are present. Any defect found needs to be documented in the Quality system, communicated to the operator and inspector, and the rework coordinated to completion.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Expertise in the manufacturing and inspecting of circuit cards
- Confident and able to deliver constructive feedback
- Energetic, flexible and focused on meeting internal goals
- Possess a drive for process improvement
- Proficient in the hand assembly and inspection of circuit cards
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- Strong experiential knowledge of J-STD-001 and IPC-610
- Experience developing rework instructions for use by assembly operators
- Experience with Space level hardware and associated unique requirements
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top