BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced candidate to support the Standoff Munitions Application Center (SMAC). SMAC supports the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) by optimizing efficiency and combat effectiveness of High Demand Low Density (HD/LD) global strike and theater standoff munitions. This position is located at the government SMAC facility at Barksdale Air Force Base, located near Bossier City, LA.
The SOW planner will formulate cruise missile, decoy/jammer strategy and future employment visions for the DoD. They will manage, lead, and conduct all aspects of cruise missile and decoy/jammer mission planning, execution and training in support of all combatant commanders. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related military work experience (United States Air Force [USAF], United States Navy [USN] or United States Marine Corp [USMC]).
- At least one year of specialized experience, including expert knowledge of JASSM, JASSM-ER, MALD, and MALD-J operation, testing, training principles, concepts, directives, practices, tactics, and techniques.
- Participation in AOC and combatant command exercises or operations. Real world contingency experience is highly desired.
- Experience supporting AOC operations within classified environments to include SIPRNet and JWICS.
- Demonstrated proficiency using unclassified Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) and classified SIPRNet network enterprise environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of combat air force principles, concepts, directives, practices, analytical methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for assessment and improvement of DoD JASSM, JASSM-ER, MALD, and MALD-J) operations.
- Knowledge of overall performance factors for JASSM, JASSM-ER, MALD, and MALD-J.
- Ability to plan, organize and teach cruise missile and decoy mission planning, employment practices, and mission planning software to new JASSM/MALD planners.
- Demonstrated JASSM/JASSM-ER/MALD/MALD-J planner proficiency with Joint Mission Planning System and Unix Mission Planning Systems.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Team player with a proactive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- SAP access is required. Preferred Skills and Education – Rated officer experience.
- Completion of a formal C2 FTU AOCIQTSYS and/or AOCIQTNET course or equivalent.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top