Source Acquisition Technician
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Acquire, analyze, download, and transfer/ship all source data to Geospatial Production and Solutions (GP&S) for geospatial product creation. Strong ability to multitask is essential to meeting daily goals. Understands all GP&S products (raster, vector, and tabular), NGA networks/source holdings, and geospatial software needed to acquire and analyze source data. Work collaboratively with project manager(s) and project lead(s) to prioritize source needs as well as establishing best practices and creating procedures. Have the ability to prioritize work load and work independently with limited guidance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General understanding of geospatial products to include but not limited to: CIB, AFD, HRTE, AMSD/DPPDB and Feature Data products.
- Acquire source from NGA library holdings and other libraries/databases for needed source acquisition.
- Perform source feasibility review to ensure adequate usability for each product based on specifications. Review will include large amounts of NTM imagery, vector and tabular data utilizing geospatial software (ArcGIS, Socet GXP, MapInfo, GDAT etc.).
- Coordinate with COR and PMO office when source is inadequate to find an alternative solution(s).
- Develop and establish standardized processes to ensure minimal defected source while creating procedures to acquire, perform source feasibility, and release source to GP&S.
- Create source packages for project lead(s) identifying prioritization of source coverage, guidance, and identified special circumstances.
- Perform data transfer, burning, and shipping of source data to GP&S facilities
Required Skills and Education SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Five plus years related experience.
- NGA operating knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications, databases, operating systems, and hardware.
- Experience with the use of raster and vector data as well as geospatial analysis software (ArcGIS, Socet Set, Socet GXP, Remoteview, MapInfo).
- Must have an overview understanding of ISO and how it relates to their moderate understanding of the general job aspects.
QUALIFICATIONS: In addition to the items listed above, the Essential Functions are:
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth in theh job description..
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers;
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents;
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
- Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule;
- Design and develop products and services using state-of-the-art technology, principles, theories and concepts.)
Preferred Skills and Education Geography
Background in Cartography/Remote Sensing
Imagery and terrain analysis experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top