The Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S) is seeking a Solution Architect responsible for leading the development of innovative, compelling solutions for intelligence analysis, mission training and operations support opportunities being pursued by Business Areas within our sector. This position, located in McLean, Virginia, will report directly to the I&S Vice President /Chief Technology Officer.
This position will serve as the Solution Architect and technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for acquisitions conducted by our customers across the Intelligence, Defense, and Civilian markets covering a wide-range of analysis and mission support requirements. In performing this work, this position will lead and be supported by a matrixed team of specialists. On individual capture opportunities, the Solution Architect will apply industry best practices coupled with innovative cutting and/or bleeding edge advancements to develop winning, tailored solutions aligned to the capture strategy for the opportunity. On these efforts, the Solution Architect will support the assigned Capture Manager to shape and pre-position BAE Systems as a front-runner for award, including being the I&S spokesperson for discussing value of the BAE proposed solution with the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, architects, and develops solutions for I&S key opportunities covering intelligence analysis, mission training, and operations support. Applies understanding of critical customer program goals to develop winning, best value, tailored solutions. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in development of these solutions as well as leading a matrixed team of specialists. Specifically, the Solution Architect will:
o Develop analytics based solutions with a focus on the tools, processes and infrastructure support, consisting of contextual, conceptual and logical architectures
o Conduct architectural analysis of alternatives (AoA)
o Develop lifecycle cost models to support architecture decision trades
o Communicate solutions with customers, management, and teaming partners, including presentations and white papers
o Develop approach including tasks, process and critical resources, to turn the solution into a successful proposal
- Leads the development of roadmaps for new and or enhanced I&S capability offerings to ensure that I&S is a recognized leader in targeted markets.
- Subject Matter Expert responsible for assessing and recommending solutions to I&S Management Team and Customers for challenging issues arising during contract execution.
- Subject Matter Expert supporting I&S CTO and Vice President of Strategy with respect to technology initiatives included in annual IBP process
- Serves as I&S representative on industry forums and in discussions with industry leading product and technology OEM’s Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree in appropriate discipline
- Ability to think strategically and effectively communicate at the most senior levels of government or corporate management with customers to understand their mission needs and requirements, and to communicate the value of BAE Systems solutions Experience leading and supporting proposal efforts, comprising a diverse matrixed team of technical specialists, and involving the development of novel or innovative new solutions
- Extensive experience in multi-int analysis, including: ISR analysis, geospatial analysis, counter-IED analysis, counter-intelligence and HUMINT analysis, and open-source analysis, mission targeting, cybersecurity analytics, and analytic and operational training, and operational support
- Knowledge of analytical tradecraft and tools and intelligence fusion centers
- Expert knowledge and experience in Joint and Interagency collaboration, particularly with regard to counter-network operations
- Extensive experience within the Intelligence and National Security communities and knowledge and understanding of mission challenges and issues confronting these customers
- Federal contracting and procurement experience and knowledge;
Preferred Skills and Education
- Foreign language skills
- Knowledge of and experience with statistical analysis tools, automated analysis tools, “Big Data”, social network theory, scripting or programming languages, machine-learning or artificial intelligence techniques that may be applied to developing novel new approaches to analytics
- Understanding of the Internet, anonymization technology (e.g., TOR) and the Dark Web
- Experience collaborating across organizations, participating in forums and conferences, writing and presenting technical papers.
- Expert in cross-functional team building, leadership, training, operations, communications, change management, organizational development
- Minimum of 15+ years’ experience, including 10+ years of intelligence analysis experience
- Master’s Degree (Preferred in appropriate discipline)
- Military Intelligence courses (Preferred)
- Clearance About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top