- San Diego, CA
If you consider yourself a software visionary with deep interest and experience in enterprise software architecture, we want you on our team. BAE Systems is looking for an individual to drive innovation and design leading edge software solutions for Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) complex and dynamic challenges today and tomorrow.
Advance Solutions Engineering (ASE) at BAE Systems drives advanced research and development efforts to address our customers most pressing problems.
We embrace change, anticipate evolving technologies, and collaborate with universities and research labs to develop engineering discriminators and pursue new business opportunities.
As a Solution Architect, you will analyze customer needs, requirements, and operational objectives to define and recommend an enterprise software solution with performance, scalability, and concurrency requirements. You will apply your in-depth knowledge of enterprise capabilities such as cloud computing, micro services, content management, data analytics, modern software platforms, and multiple systems integration.
You will collaborate with business development, program areas, finance, and engineering teams through all phases of new business capture and proposal development to guide engineering team to develop a technical solution in response to customer requirements.
As a member of ASE, you will work with all US DoD mission areas and their respective programs. BAE Systems has a long history of delivering innovative and advanced technical solutions for the United States Armed Forces and Intelligence Community. We are looking for an experienced leader to advance and demonstrate our capabilities to address our customers new and emerging needs.
Required Skills and Education
- Recent, relevant experience architecting and implementing enterprise software solutions
- Ability to innovate, evaluate and research into new technologies, stay abreast of industry trends
- Experience in modernizing large enterprise software application
- Good written communication skills, including the ability to describe complex technical solutions through effective graphics and clear, succinct writing
- The ability to engage constructively with peers and with all levels of management to communicate the technical approach, trade-offs, and technical decisions
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team under tight deadlines
- Software estimation skills including systems with significant OSS and COTS integration
- Knowledge of government contracting and familiarity with Government requirements.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with DoD acquisition and contracting process
- Experience with pre-sales technical engagements for complex software-based system.
- Understanding of modern software development practices, design principles, and technologies
- Recent experience working with DoD or Intelligence Community customers
- Active or recent TS/SCI clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top