- Chantilly, VA
Join BAE Systems Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex challenges. We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to join our team. One of our programs is seeking a Solution Architect (SA) responsible for leading the development of large-scale Cloud enablement and Infrastructure modernization opportunities for one of our IC1 customers. This individual has a passion for building and managing infrastructure and applications at scale and will work directly with the program manager and the customer's front office staff to shape the technical direction for the customer.
The Solution Architect (SA) will serve as the technical subject matter expert (SME) and the engineering design authority (DA) for the technical direction of the customer's organization. This position will lead technical strategy and drive solution development for large-scale cloud enablement and infrastructure (compute, storage and network) modernization and sustainment opportunities.
This position will also develop technology road maps for future capabilities, fully document the associated solutions including CONOPS, system architecture, models and prototypes, as well as business and user requirements. The role is responsible for ensuring the quality of the solutions delivered meets all internal and external customer expectations and is sufficiently mature to be successfully transitioned into operation.
In this role, you will:
- Develop deep expertise in AWS, Azure, and VMware cloud services and architecting solutions on these platforms
- Develop a working relationship with engineering staff to drive solution features and architectures
- Leads, architects, and develops cloud and infrastructure solutions to include cloud enablement, hybrid cloud design and implementation, infrastructure modernization and service delivery enhancements that increase service quality and lower support costs.
- Applies understanding of critical customer program goals to develop winning, best-value, and tailored solutions.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in development of these solutions
- Collaborate across BAE Systems to leverage discriminators and leverage existing solutions where applicable
- Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively at the most senior levels of government (customer) or corporate management (company) to articulate the understanding of their mission needs and requirements, and to communicate the value and benefit of BAE Systems solutions
- IT specific domain knowledge, including (i) ITIL; (ii) Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; (iii) Enterprise IT infrastructure; and (iv) Cloud native design principles Develop lifecycle cost models to support architecture decision trades
- Develop technical approach and project engineering plans, including tasks, process and critical resources, to turn the solution into a successful proposal
- Collaborating with business development, develop technology and capability road maps and tailorable reference architecture for different service models including system integration, sustainment, and operational support
- Communicate solutions with customers, management, and teaming partners, including presentations and white papers
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
*Required Skills :
- Technical degree in computer science or related field.
- 10+ years design/implementation experience with distributed applications
- Technical experience in some of these areas: networking, security, storage, databases, software development.
- Subject matter expert on AWS and/or Azure services
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Professional
- Extensive Experience with infrastructure/application architecture and cloud migration
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies and solutions
- Experience deploying applications into classified clouds
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Good verbal and written communication skills across a range of audiences
- Bachelor Degree in appropriate discipline (e.g. Engineering, Computer Sciences) and a minimum of 12 years of experience, including 3+ years of IT experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and win complex cloud and infrastructure opportunities with the Federal Government.
- Experience supporting large-scale proposal efforts, comprising a diverse team of technical and operational specialists, and involving the development of novel or innovative new solutions
- Demonstrated ability to decompose complex Cloud and Infrastructure requirements into easy to understand solutions with clear value propositions.
- Knowledge of system development methodologies including requirement engineering, configuration management, technical baseline management, cost estimating and analysis, and decision support methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, including scope, cost and schedule, and resource management
- Experience collaborating across organizations and OEMs, participating in industry forums and conferences, writing and presenting technical papers
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- AWS certification on Advanced Networking or Security
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer in Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or related certification
- Agile Certification
- Red Hat Certified Architect or Engineer
- Expertise in enterprise architecture frameworks such as DoDAF, Zachman)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top