The BAE Systems Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) Architecture Support Team Program is tasked to provide architecture, security, metrics, standards selection and prototyping, and related support to assist DoD/IC to promote data interoperability among the DCGS Programs of Record (PoRs), the broader Defense Intelligence Information Environment (Joint Intelligence Operation Centers, Combatant Commands), DoD's Joint Information Environment (JIE), and the IC Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE). We are seeking a data scientist to support efforts for prototyping and evaluating DI2E Enterprise data analytics, machine learning algorithms and techniques, data architectures to support machine learning and artificial intelligence assessments, and autonomous systems experimentation. Ideal candidate will have minimum 10 years' systems engineering experience supporting DoD and IC intelligence analysis and exploitation, including development and refinement of advanced analysis algorithms for use in deep learning and big data analytics. Ideal candidate will have experience with the research and development of multiple intelligence (Multi-INT) analysis systems employing machine learning, probabilistic reasoning, adaptive control, optimization, pattern analysis, predictive analytics, and early warning systems. Experience presenting detailed technical information to executive audiences, including developing recommendations for addressing strategic skill gaps, policy shortfalls, and organizational challenges.
Work is typically performed in Reston, VA and some in Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical area and 12 years overall technical experience.
- 10 years of DoD/IC enterprise background, knowledge of TCPED/ISR operations and architecture
- 3 years' experience with data analytics, machine learning, convolutional neural networks, autonomous systems, and/or artificial intelligence
- Experience with rapid prototyping / advanced concept research and development
- Experience with cloud-based and service-oriented architecture (SOA) software lifecycle engineering and management.
- MS in Computer Science or related technology
- 10 years of experience developing loosely-coupled software (SOAP, REST) in DoD and IC systems
- Experience managing DoD software development, and leading key program design/development initiatives
- Experience with data ontology design and development
- Experience with DCGS Programs of Record, JIOC/COCOM operations, or ISR sensor programs
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top