CO Salary Range: USD 76,800.00 - 130,600.00 per year
Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of an agile team that enables our employees to support our customers and their missions. As a Software/Web Engineer with BAE Systems, you will support the following:
- Software and web architecture development
- Requirements analysis
- Process execution and evaluation
- Selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools
- Integration (with both new and legacy systems
- Follow a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques, adhering to laws, standards, and established guidelines for the development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault-tolerant).
- Coordinate the creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into coherent site design.
- Design and develop visually-pleasing, content-rich, and user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation.
- Develop and maintain software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades.
- Provide software process management and configuration management throughout the software/web development cycle.
- Salary Range: $76,800.00 - $130,600.00
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we believe in supporting our employees in all aspects of their life including health, financial, and well-being. Employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, 401(k), disability coverage, life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program and other perks that offer discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance, as well as a legal plan. Our leave programs include paid time off, holidays, as well as other types of leave including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Journeyman: HS Diploma/GED & 8 years relevant experience OR Associate's Degree & 6 years relevant experience OR Bachelor's Degree & 4 years relevant experience OR Master's Degree and 2 years experience OR PhD
Senior: HS Diploma/GED & 10 years relevant experience OR Associate's Degree & 8 years relevant experience OR Bachelor's Degree & 6 years relevant experience OR Master's Degree and 4 years experience OR PhD & 2 years relevant experience
Subject Matter Expert: HS Diploma/GED & 12 years relevant experience OR Associate's Degree & 10 years relevant experience OR Bachelor's Degree & 8 years relevant experience OR Master's Degree and 6 years experience OR PhD & 4 years relevant experience
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's Degree +
Junior: 2+ years relevant experience
Journeyman: 4+ years relevant experience
Senior: 6+ years relevant experience
Subject Matter Expert: 8+ years relevant experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.