Software Web Developer
BAE Systems is looking for a Software Web Developer that will support software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems).
This is a senior position in the Sterling VA area and the person will be able to:
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements, analysis, process execution and evaluation, and selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their need
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle
- Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and/or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks
- May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team
- Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational. Can perform tasks of senior level
technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity
of the tasks.
Leadership/Management - May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team.
Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to
Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and
managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.
DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives
and services required within the task order.
Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical
objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.
Preferred Skills and Education
8570 and Bachelors with 8 years of experience or Masters and 6 years of experience.
- High School Diploma/GED plus 12 years of relevant experience
- Associate Degree plus 10 years of relevant experience
- Bachelors Degree plus 8 years of relevant experience
- Masters Degree plus 6 years of relevant experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top