We are seeking creative software test engineers to join one of our cornerstone business solutions teams supporting a classified customer. On this program, we are undertaking an aggressive talent and DevOps transformation that builds on the success of our web based services. Our world-class teams embrace Agile values and use Agile driven software development cycle with continuous integration to develop software applications. We are looking for software test engineers with a genuine passion to assist us in solving the final piece of the puzzle to our continuous integration, deployment, and testing pipeline.
You will be a part of the test automation effort, defining automation strategy and architecture that employs integration and UI functional and load testing. On a day-to-day basis, you will work with IT cross functional team members to implement new automated testing solutions and diagnose problems with existing scripts, all running in Continuous Integration environment. You will constantly work with developers and product owners to help diagnose and solve problems and efficiencies amongst multiple agile teams. Manual testing and test case development will also be a part of this job. Furthermore, you will participate in continuous improvements to our agile processes and help set future direction for the team. The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgement to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our customer.
- Work within Agile teams to provide early exploratory testing during the development phase.
- Add tasks and acceptance tests to user stories to ensure that the definition of done includes a zero defect strategy.
- Assist developers with unit test automation to enable Test Driven Development whenever feasible.
- Design, code and deploy automated test scripts.
- Run automated tests and/or load test profiles and analyzing the results.
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with innovative technologies.
- Constantly challenge beliefs, assumptions, process and products with a prescient eye to the industry.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must possess an active Intel Clearance with a favorable polygraph. Will not be considered without it.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and success leading test automation initiatives
- Penchant for finding ways to get things done
- Thrive in an independent, dynamic "start-up" like environment
- Passionate about agile testing and continuous improvement in the context of application lifecycle management
- Well organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with one or more test automation tools, preferably open source tools and headless browsers
- Experience automating both UI as well as back end interfaces
- Strong working knowledge of testing methodologies and strategies
- Ability to query databases and create test data
- Experience working in an Agile development framework, preferably as an embedded tester in Scrum team.
- Self-starter with no supervision needed to get up to speed on a project
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Hands-on experience with record and playback tools such as: Selenium IDE, Katalon Studio
- Hands-on experience with headless automated integration API or UI testing tools such as Katalon Studio, SoapUI, Selenium Webdriver, Cypress.io, TestCafe, Jest
- Experience with load and performance testing tools such as: JMeter, LoadRunner, Tricentis, Flood
- Scrum Master experience
- AWS experience
- Working knowledge of GitHub using pull requests, feature branching and code versioning
- Working knowledge of Jenkins for build/test/delivery automation
- Working knowledge of Test Driven Development including unit test creation
- Working in a Linux / Unix environment
- Working knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), RESTful web services, API development, and Messaging (JMS, SQS)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.