Software Technical Intern
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us ® " and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ."
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems in Wayne, NJ has recently been awarded new programs and is currently undergoing an exciting period of growth. We are looking for internship and co-op candidates to join us for Spring and/or Summer of 2020 . Software engineers will apply their skills to develop high-quality software for various military electronic systems such as Software Defined Radios, Avionics, and Electronic Warfare systems . You have an opportunity to work across multiple disciplines and collaborating with System, Hardware, and Mechanical engineers performing Requirements Development, Design, Development, Integration and Testing in an inspired, motivating, and collaborative environment.
In this exciting role, you will enjoy opportunities to take on diverse and challenging work assignments, flexible scheduling with every other Friday off, an inviting and supportive culture, competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees.
For those candidates in their first year after graduation, BAE's Year One program provides recent college graduates with a unique experience to jumpstart your engineering career. As part of the program, you explore different projects and technologies by participating in rotations. You also develop skills by receiving immediate mentorship from experienced managers and engineers, and participate in classes and workshops to expand your knowledge of yourself, technology and our company. Finally, you network and collaborate to make lasting connections with peers, employees and leadership.
Candidates will gain experience in:
- Designing, developing and testing software solutions utilizing Agile methodologies and sound software engineering principles while conforming to existing code development strategies and processes
- Assisting in other software engineering activities such as integration testing, algorithm & data analysis, software troubleshooting, and preparing documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Utilizing either Windows PC or Linux based software development environment and either x86 or PowerPC target and test environment
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
- Pursuing degree in CS (Computer Science), CE (Computer Engineering), or other Scientific degree with suitable software engineering content.
- Software coding utilizing modern programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, Java, etc)
- Object oriented design/development
- Windows/Linux/Unix OS
- Must be eligible for a US DoD security clearance
- Real-time embedded development or other hardware-related skills
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top