Software Quality Assurance Specialist/ Applications Tester
As a Software Quality Assurance Specialist/ Test Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing quality control methodologies to ensure compliance of software quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization. Compliance includes Web Standards, accessibility assessment and browser compatibility.
You will be part of an exciting program where you will develop and execute software test plans. Identify software problems and their causes, d evelop and maintain automated test scripts, and perform testing using automated test tools. You will co nduct and/or participate in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle.
- Duties to include:
- Functional testing. Verify and validate the functionality of the applications.
- Integration testing. Ensure major parts of the system work well together. Verify and validate impact of the newly incorporated functionality.
- Test the system without a GUI.
- End-to-End testing. Verify and validate a complete flow of the application that mimics real-world use.
- Regression testing: A re-test of all functionality both automated and manual.
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 8+ years of experience with SQL Developer to include database queries and insert statements.
- 8+ years of experience with E xcel.
- Knowledge of AVAAP or automated testing tools
- Familiar with Unix commands
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Team player
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top