Software Manager for Electronic Warfare Programs
BAE Systems is looking for a Software Engineering Manager for Electronic Warfare (EW) programs.
Our ideal candidate will be able to manage large technical teams, 12-20 engineers per project within a 120 + software engineering organization. They will be able to solve complex problems, propose solutions, develop architectures, and drive products through software and system level integration.
This position is customer facing – must communicate professionally and be able to present in a formal setting. Understands others’ viewpoints and can represent their interests within the program or business area.
- Provides proposal estimates and can lead development of engineering proposals through to customer delivery. Able to generate ideas for new projects and proposals. Takes the strategic view and can help drive long term growth objectives.
- Effective working across the full software lifecycle and across engineering disciplines and product lines.
- Able to measure and analyze program and organizational data and recommend improvements.
- Proficient in quantitative management processes, including earned value management, cost/schedule performance, technical task management, risk & opportunity management, and application of productivity enhancement tools.
- Familiarity with lean/agile development methods is a plus.
- Demonstrated prior performance is required.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 12 years of experience in an Engineering or Scientific field (Masters preferred)
- Must have a current DoD Secret clearance (or higher)
- Experienced with secure, embedded, real-time systems.
- C++, Ada, Fortran on Green Hills, VX Works, Linux, Windows operating systems.
- Technical depth and demonstrated experience in software development, including object oriented design and development
- Experience leading teams of software developers through the full software engineering lifecycle
- Software / Systems integration experience, including interface definition, system configuration, and leading system execution
- Working knowledge of software engineering processes and development lifecycles
- Motivated, team-oriented individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
No relocation is available. Local candidates preferred.
Preferred Skills and Education Engineering Master’s degree preferred.
Demonstrated advanced technical management skills preferred. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top