Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are looking for a Software Integration Engineer to join a mission critical, state-of-the-art program, within the intelligence community.
In This Role You Will:
- Be responsible for all the Operational and Maintenance (O&M) efforts including installation, configuration, integration, monitoring, and sustaining a large multi-tenant containerized Kubernetes Platform as a Service (PaaS) infrastructure for a large Unix computing environment.
- Be detailed oriented, have strong organizational skills, and excellent troubleshooting skills to include the identification and resolution of issues, problems, and trouble tickets related to the same.
•Energized when faced with complex technical challenges and diligently work to identify creative solutions.
•Ability to perform high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
•Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to successfully meet/exceed customer expectations.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience with integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling, and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment.
- Experience using the Unix command line
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- General technical knowledge regarding compute, network, memory, and storage system components
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) concepts, principles and automation tools such as SaltStack and Ansible
- In-depth experience with trouble-shooting large Unix Clusters
- Demonstrated experience with the sustainment, support, maintenance, development and deployment of storage systems such as Ceph
- Demonstrated experience using system monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- TS/SCI with poly
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Familiar with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles and applications
- Familiar with various network communications like IP and InfiniBand
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.