Software Fall Intern IV (Class of 2019 students)
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us ® " and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ."
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
We are seeking candidates for Fall 2019 Intern or Co-Op (Cooperative Education) candidates to join our ES Defense software engineering team here at BAE Systems, Inc (approximately September through December 2019). Candidates would work side-by-side with experienced developers and senior engineering staff.
This internship will be at BAE Systems in the Nashua, New Hampshire area. The internship is a paid internship, and has a work schedule that includes every other Friday off.
Candidates will gain experience in:
- Designing, developing and testing software solutions utilizing Agile methodologies and sound software engineering principles while conforming to existing code development strategies and processes
- Assisting in other software engineering activities such as integration testing, algorithm & data analysis, software troubleshooting, and preparing documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Utilizing either Windows PC or Linux based software development environment and either x86 or PowerPC target and test environment
- Must have completed an undergraduate program in CS (Computer Science), CE (Computer Engineering), or a related field and be enrolled in a masters program.
- Software coding utilizing modern programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, Java, etc)
- Object oriented design/development
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Windows/Linux/Unix OS
- Must be eligible for a US DoD security clearance
- Real-time embedded development
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred
- Security clearance (secret or higher)
Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top