Software Engineering Project Manager
BAE Systems is seeking a talented, experienced Software Engineering Manager to join our C4ISR Systems rapidly growing work force. If you are someone who wants to make a difference and be part of a collaborative team that works to build innovative products to protect our warfighter, BAE Systems is the place for you. At BAE Systems Electronic Systems, our mission is "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." You can be part of the team that brings our soldiers home safe.
Our New Jersey location provides critical products and technologies for our C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance) and ECS (Electronic Warfare Solutions) business areas. Our state of the art engineering solutions ensure you're at the leading edge of technology development.
As a Software Engineering Manager for our Software Defined Radios (SDR) and Electronic Warfare (EW) programs you will be responsible to manage large technical teams, 12-20 engineers per project within a 130+ software engineering organization. You will be challenged to solve complex problems, propose solutions, develop architectures, and drive products through software and system level integration. This position is customer facing; you must be able to communicate professionally and be able to present in a formal setting. Open analytical thinking that allows you to understand other viewpoints and represent critical interests within the program or business area is essential.
- Provides proposal estimates and can lead development of engineering proposals through to customer delivery
- Able to generate ideas for new projects and proposals
- Takes the strategic view and can help drive long term growth objectives
- Effective working across the full software lifecycle and across engineering disciplines and product lines
- Able to measure and analyze program and organizational data and recommend improvements
- Proficient in quantitative management processes, including earned value management, cost/schedule performance, technical task management, risk & opportunity management, and application of productivity enhancement tools
- Familiarity with lean/agile development methods
- Demonstrated prior performance is required
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience in an Engineering or Scientific field (Masters preferred)
- Current DoD Secret clearance (or higher)
- Experienced with secure, embedded, real-time systems
- C++, Ada, Fortran on Green Hills, VX Works, Linux, Windows operating systems
- Technical depth and demonstrated experience in software development, including object oriented design and development
- Experience leading teams of software developers through the full software engineering lifecycle
- Software / Systems integration experience, including interface definition, system configuration, and leading system execution
- Working knowledge of software engineering processes and development lifecycles
- Motivated, team-oriented individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Engineering Master's Degree preferred
- Demonstrated advanced technical management skills preferred
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top