Software Engineering Internship
BAE Systems is looking for a Software Engineering Intern. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to assist in design and development of software platforms and mission applications for intelligence and defense customers and will work in a rapid development environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Tasks may include coding, debugging, and integrating software, as well as the integration, regression, and requirement testing of complex SW/HW systems.
Required Skills and Education
- Enrollment in a BS/BA, or MS/MA engineering/technical degree program
- Entering Junior or Senior level year (BS/BA) or MS/MA student
- GPA 3.0 and above in major (college transcripts need to be provided at time of interview (unofficial copies are acceptable))
- US Citizenship and ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
- Exposure to one or more high level programming languages (e.g., Objective C, Android SDK, C++, Java/J2EE, and/or C#)
- Basic understanding of standard software skills in design and code
- Understanding of and skills in software design and code, including Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD)
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment (open seating arrangement)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
Preferred Skills and Education
- Enrollment in a BS/BA or MS/MA program for Software Engineering or Computer Science
Skills with any of the following:
- Exposure to the following Operating Systems: UNIX/Linux, Windows.
- Known Architectures: SOA, Web Services, REST, Web Sockets, Server/client.
- Exposure to Back End Technologies: Spring Framework, JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Maven, Gradle.
- Worked with DevOps based tools: Git, Jenkins, Subversion, Automated Test tools
- Exposure to Front End Technologies: HTML, CSS/SCSS, Angular6, React, Bootstrap, Material.
- Worked with the following Database Solution / tools: ORACLE, MongoDB, Redis, Allegrograph, Accumulo
- Comfortable working with the following Dev Environments: MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Sublime
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top