Software Engineering Development Lead
- Nashua, NH
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. We have multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
We are seeking talented, experienced Software Engineering Development Leads (Software Managers) to help us create the world's most advanced solutions in the area such as Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Aircraft Protection, Radar Warning and Electronic Attack for our defense related customers. Our products provide critical mission capabilities to address the ever-evolving challenges and threats to our nation's security and the war fighter.
The selected candidate will provide technical leadership, project management, and guidance for the software engineering development activities. This position is customer facing and will provide Software Project Management reporting, documentation, and updates to both Program Management and the Software Discipline.
We will provide you opportunities to learn, leverage our current technologies, incorporate new technologies, and be a leader in our engineering organization.
• Duties include the execution of complex software architecture and designs on projects.
• Establish required management systems and provide leadership to assure the effective performance of work, close monitoring of cost and schedule, and take timely and effective corrective action.
• Establish communication to keep management informed of the function's progress and results.
• Use existing processes and evolve processes to utilize the most effective new techniques as they become available, assuring the use of methodologies which minimize both design cost and product cost.
• Provide, directly or indirectly, top level technical leadership for the assigned design discipline(s) including selection and exploitation of promising new technologies, long-term goals, etc.
• Ensure effective communication between assigned engineers and all other participants in the design process.
Required Skills and Education
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field, and minimum of 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
• Secret Security Clearance (active in the past two years)
• Must have experience managing cost and schedule (CAM) of software projects.
• Requires extensive background in embedded, object oriented software development in C++
• Experience with software and systems engineering processes, methodologies, and tools
• Experience performing and leading of software testing, validation, and verification activities
• Previous experience in project leadership role or functional management
• Demonstrated ability to develop, lead, and motivate technical teams
Preferred Skills and Education
• Working knowledge of Electronic Attack, SIGINT, and Radar system and fundamentals
• Continuous Integration Tools
• Military systems or simulations
• Agile Development experience
• Designing and/or implementing software algorithms
• Multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top