Software Engineer SSP Data Management System
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to support maintenance and development of web-based applications. The candidate must be able to support the software development life cycle including all documentation such as the software development plan, schedule, requirements specification, software design documents, and test documentation. The candidate should be able to collect and analyze system requirements, translating them into a workable design and functional system. Experience in system administration and cybersecurity is essential. A working knowledge of configuration management, and agile development principles is important.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
- Two to five years' experience in software engineering, information systems administration, and cybersecurity
- String written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in developing and administering Microsoft Windows client and server systems
- Experience in developing, deploying, and supporting web-based applications
- In possession of or able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Occasional travel
- CompTIA Security+ professional certification strongly desired
- Experience in software, network, and information systems engineering and administration in a U.S. Government or Department of Defense (DoD) environment
- Experience in the application of DoD cybersecurity methodology and frameworks to software and information systems
- Experience using modern software engineering environments and toolsets
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top