Software Engineer (Senior)
- Reston, VA
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are about trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to solve some of the world's most complex challenges. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom. We are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our Mission Intelligence organization provides IT solutions, analytics support, and digital integration to major customers within the US Intelligence Community. We are always looking to provide our customers with a better solution by way of technology insertion, out of the box thinking, and state of the art solutions. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team!
This role designs, develops, and maintains software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps process. This role uses best practices and patterns to perform design, development, automated testing, and automated deployment of software modules via DevSecOps Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). Duties also include software requirements analysis, risk identification, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Agile teams. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
Java Software Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems. Based in DevOps framework, participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon
- Develop and integrate custom developed software solutions to leverage automated deployment technologies
- Develop, prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Coordinate closely with team members, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure User Story alignment and implementation to customer use cases
- Analyze (though proof of concept, performance, and end-to-end testing) and effectively coordinate Infrastructure needs driven by developed software to meet customer mission needs
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Use industry leading DevOps tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Document and Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Apply and identify best practices and standard operating procedures
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Proficient with common Agile practices, service-orientated environments, and development practices
- Experience with SAFe development practices
- Expert in the software development lifecycle, with experience delivering within DevOps toolsets/practices
- Direct experience utilizing software testing performance tools, such as Junit
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Bash
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and tempo
- Experience with NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Spark, Tableau, Elastic Search, Nagios, reactsJS, UIBootstrap, Katalon and Human Centered Design.
- Experience with development in Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with development leveraging cloud data services (ex: S3, RDS, EFS)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Well versed with using version control systems
- Well versed with using issue/problem tracking systems
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience in AWS Data management services (Elastic Map Reduce, Lambda, Kinesis)
- Candidate must have Masters degree with and 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13-16 with years of prior relevant experience.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top