Software Engineer in Test
- Nashua, NH
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
BAE Systems is looking for Test Software Engineers to join the Integrated Test Engineering (ITE) organization. The ITE organization's mission is to reliably deliver customer-focused, affordable test solutions which are integrated across all levels of production test. As a Software Test Engineer you will use your capabilities to develop software for Test Program Sets (TPS) to provide production test solutions needed for our Electronic Warfare (EW) products. These TPS will be developed for Test Stands, Test Equipment, and Software needed to provide In-Process (IP), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) ranging from component to systems level analog, digital and RF products.
- A Test Software Engineer II is responsible for developing and maintaining the test solution's baseline, participates in integrating software for the test solution, and verifying the test solution's readiness to be released for use in our factories. These responsibilities are carried out either as an individual contributor on small projects or a team member on larger efforts with direction and guidance supplied by the Integrated Test Engineering Lead (ITEL) and/or Senior and Principal Engineers.
- The expected responsibilities for a software engineer in test may include developing or updating software for Test Program Sets (TPS), instrument driver development, and migration of older software to current operating system configurations.
In this job you will apply your skills to solve some of our biggest challenges for fielded systems including state of the art radar warning, electronic support measures, broadband electronic attack, and electronic protection. Join BAE and help us in our mission as "We protect those who protect us". We support our employees with a flexible 9/80 work schedule, technical training and career growth planning.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Skills and Education
- Software Development (C-based software and/or script-based languages)
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering with at least two years of experience or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Test solution development
- Software Focus (drivers, utilities, executives, unit tests, regression tests, and test program sets)
- Software integration
- Creating, updating, and approving software configuration in a change management tool
- Possess good communication skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
- Takes initiative and has a closure-oriented nature
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top